The is real 101 stuff, but though I would blog it anyway.
To create a new database is SQL Express:
- Run SQL Server Management Studio (if you do not have it download it from Microsoft downloads)
- Expand the connected database engine (if you are not connect to one then connect)
- Then right click on the Databases folder
- Click New database…
- Then fill in a database name and ok
- There is a new empty database.
The data type to use for a new table in SQL express that is autoinc
- Create a new table
- Type in the column name
- Select datatype int
- In Column Properties click the [+] next to Identity Specification
- Next to (Is Identity) select Yes
- If you want to make that the primary key right click on the row and select Set Primary Key
Oh and when you create a table it asks you to name it when you save it.