I finally found a good Falafel recipe, that I found the base of from VideoJug.
| || |
- Drain and purée drained chickpea until they are like breadcrumb like mixture.
- Add the rest of ingredients Introduce the parsley, coriander, chilli, garlic and blend until well combined.
- Then add the flour, the cumin, coriander (ground or seeds), the baking soda and about one and salt to taste and. Finally, add some pepper. Combine it all together thoroughly with a spoon. If it looks too dry, a few drops of water (say from the draining, but be very careful, it is supposed to be dry ish)
- Put the oil on
- Make the Falafel balls: Take a small amount of the blended mixture in your fingertips and mould into small balls (should be as big as a five rand coin). Then place onto a baking tray. Kept covered, this mixture will keep for one day in the fridge.
- Fry the Falafel balls: Individually, spoon half the batch of falafel balls into the oil. Allow to fry for 2 minutes until golden brown, stirring with the slotted spoon, so they brown evenly. Remove and drain on a tray prepared with some kitchen towel. Now repeat the process with the remaining falafel balls.