MFM: 3 cheese gnocchi with mushrooms
Another MFM recipe, this one is really awesome, it serves 4 at a push, but you may need to increase doses or add a salad, since there are never left overs.
- 2 cups gnocchi (can use spinach, we use potatoe)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (may need an extra one depending on cheese)
- At least 2 soft cheeses (about a cup fill), like goats, mascarpone, or smooth cottage cheese can also use ricottoa
- One hard cheese (about 2 tablepoons grated / sliced fine) that has a bit Parmesan or Grana Padano or something like that. No stringy cheese.
- Protabello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of thyme / parley (best case fresh, but can use dried)
- optional black pepper for when you serve
- 2 table spoons dry white wine (optional, but use if not using black pepper), can use a teaspoon of white vinegar instead, this cuts through the cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 30cm frying pan
- Large pot for doing the gnocchi
- Knife and chipping board
- add oil to pan
- chop onion very fine add to the pan with oil warm
- Chop garlic, and thyme, when onions translucent (should take 2-3 mins) add to the pan and reduce heat
- Chop mushrooms to bit size add to pan
- Start boiling water for gnocchi in pot (you need a deep pot and a lot of water about 5 liters at least)
- Once mushrooms have produced water let it reduce of about a minute, then add wine reduce
- Chop soft cheese into little thumb nail size squares
- Chop or gate the hard cheese (if chopping, chop into very small pieces, this is preferred)
- Once wine almost reduced add soft and then hard cheese, stir in all ingredients until mixes and melted
- By this time the water should be boiling
- Add gnocchi to water
- Remove pan for heat (all the cheese should be melted and liquid)
- As the gnocchi rise to the top scoop off and add to sauce, once all added toss them so they are covered in sauce.
- Serve with a little black pepper if wanted.