A simple and quick pasta recipe, that is delicious and vegan. Serves a family of 4. I did submit this to Meat Free Monday website.
- ½ an onion
- 2 Teaspoons of olive oil
- Garlic clove (optional)
- 1 x tin tomatoes and onions, or 4 chopped skinless tomato
- 1 x tinned peas (must be tinned)
- Penna pasta recommended – assuming dried, if freshly made boil water as you add onion
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil
- Add the chopped onion, when soft add the garlic (crushed or chopped)
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tinned tomato and onions or tomato
- Put water for pasta in kettle for more efficient boiling
- Simmer the sauce while water boils.
- Once water boiled cook pasta, as pasta is cooked, remove heat from sauce, add the tinned peas. If you like pepper and salt add now.
- Drain pasta using a sieve or colander and place the sieve / colander back on to pot you cooked the pasta in. Pour the rest of the olive oil over the pasta and toss.
- I suggest adding the pasta to the sauce now, and then serve.